I consider myself to be a happy person, but there was time in my life when it wasn’t that way! Not long ago I felt stuck, confused, depressed and to be honest like a big loser! Why am I sharing this with you? Because maybe you are having a bad day, week, month or just having some challenges in your life and I think that by sharing my story I can help you to overcome your limiting beliefs about yourself that keep you stuck and unhappy. I believe that every one of us deserves happiness!
So here is my 5 Killer Steps To Create More Happiness Today!
- Exercise I can’t stress enough how exercise changed my life! When you are feeling down, go and exercise! It works like magic! When I was struggling with anxiety and was feeling down, exercise helped me a lot. When you exercise your brain produces the happiness hormone-serotonin, which makes you happy, it’s really that easy that’s why you should exercise everyday, first thing in the morning! Yep before you start working! In that way you are going to have an amazing productive day!
- Healthy diet. You are what you eat, so make sure that you eat a healthy balanced diet! When I was trying to improve my level of happiness the food always helped. I’ve tried many diets, but the best results I got when I started my gluten-free diet. No, I am not a coeliac, but I definitely feel better when I don’t eat bread, flour, biscuits etc. Some people say that the gluten free diet is just a new trend, but I know how I feel…and I definitely got rid of the brain fog, could concentrate more, and become much more happier and more productive when I didn’t eat gluten (protein found in wheat, barley).
- Keep Gratitude journal. According to Harvard Health Publications giving thanks can make you happier. In positive psychology gratitude is associated with more happiness. By writing down 5 things that you are grateful for every single day you can become happier and start to notice more positive things in your life and attract more positive circumstances. Try it. It really works!
- Stop watching the news. This was a big one for me! Television is designed to make you depressed, worried and then sell you stuff to make you happy. I think that the news are supposed to be called “Bad news”…Do you ever hear any positive news? Not a lot! Does that mean that there isn’t anything-positive happening in the world? Not really! I have decided not to watch news and I feel so much happier! I know that some people say that you suppose to know what is happening in the world, but if you can’t change anything what’s the point of watching all of this negativity? Choose happiness and watch something that will lift your spirit up instead!
- Eliminate toxic relationships. They say that you are an average of six people that you surround yourself with! Make sure that they are friends who uplift you and encourage you to be the best version of yourself. Write down the people that you spend the most time with, your friends and family and ask yourself: are they uplifting, positive, loving people? Do they make you happier? If not try to distance yourself from them. Of course everyone of us have those bad days sometimes and I am not asking you to get rid or your friends who are just having a bad day,that would be cruel! Just ask yourself if the people that you are surrounding yourself with are making your life easier, happier, encourage you to go for your dreams?!
I hope that you enjoyed my tips to create more happiness in your life! Now if you have a friend that you think would need a bit of an encouragement, or is having a bad day, share with them this blog! Remember, sharing is caring!